These conditions are binding as soon as the deposit has been paid and the booking confirmed.
1. Accommodation is equipped as described in our website. Take over time is from 1600 hours (subject to unavoidable delays).Departure time is by 1000 hrs. In the high season, change over is on Saturday for the Farmhouse. All linen and towels are provided with beds ready made. Swimming towels are also provided for use at the pool.
On departure we politely ask all guests to leave their accommodation as they found it with bins emptied. All pool towels must be left in the house and not outside or at the pool. Guests will be liable for any cleaning charges incurred in the event that any property is left in a dirty condition, or if occupants have been smoking inside the building. Alternatively you can walk out the door and make use of our cleaning service at an extra charge of €100.00
2. Smoking is strictly prohibited in all of our accommodation. Both houses have terraces which are designated as smoking areas. Charges will be made from deposits if it is found that smoking has been allowed.
3. Booking Deposit. In order to confirm your stay at Lavacchio, a deposit of 50% of the full payment (or full payment if booking within 8 weeks of departure) must be paid at the time of booking. This deposit is not refundable in the event of your cancellation or failure to pay on time as set out below.
4. Final Payments The balance of the cost of your stay must be received by us not less than 8 weeks prior to departure (or at the time of booking if this date has passed). The easiest method is by bank transfer. This date will be shown on the confirmation invoice. If you have not paid in full and on time we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you. In this case the cancellation charges set out in the box below will be payable.
5. Security Deposit (self catering guests only). You must pay a security deposit of €400 in cash on arrival at Lavacchio. The cost of any damage to the property or to any items in and/or at the property caused or any service charges incurred by you or any member of your party (for example telephone calls, extra cleaning service, loss of sports equipment) will be deducted by us in agreement with you from the security deposit at the end of your stay. If no breakage or damage occurs and your accommodation is left in a clean and tidy condition the security deposit will be refunded in full to you on departure or within 14 days after your holiday at Lavacchio. If the security deposit is not sufficient to cover any damage caused or service charges incurred by you, you will be responsible for paying us any additional monies required immediately on request from us.
6. Accommodation availability. Whilst we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the accommodation you have reserved is available on your arrival at Lavacchio, no absolute guarantee can be provided. Therefore in the unlikely event that the accommodation or its facilities are damaged by fire, explosion, storm, flood, burst pipes, malicious damage or any other circumstances beyond our control and in the event that no other suitable accommodation can be provided, we will reimburse your rental in full.
7. Cancellation by you. Should you need to cancel your stay once it has been confirmed, the party leader must immediately advise us in writing. Your notice of cancellation will only be effective when we receive it in writing at our offices. As we incur costs from the time we confirm your booking and may be unable to re-sell your period of stay, the following cancellation charges will be payable. Where the cancellation charge is shown as a percentage, this is calculated on the basis of the total cost of the booking.
Cancellation charge for period before start of stay within which written/email notification of cancellation is received by us.
- more than 8 weeks deposit only
- less than 8 weeks deposit + 20%
- less than 4 weeks deposit + 50%
- less than 2 weeks deposit + 100%
Depending on the reason for cancellation, you may be able to reclaim these cancellation charges (less any applicable excess) under the terms of any insurance policy you may have. Claims must be made directly to the insurance company concerned.
8. Vehicles. The access road through Promiana is narrow (2.4m) though manageable with most vehicles. It is worth checking the width of your car beforehand and you drive to Lavacchio at your own risk. With prior notice we can arrange to transport you with your belongings at the beginning and the end of your stay. Vehicles and their accessories and contents are left entirely at their owners’ risk. The proprietors will not be responsible for any loss or damage thereof or thereto from any cause whatsoever.
9. Dogs at Lavacchio. Dogs are not encouraged at Lavacchio as we have an assortment of animals on the property. In special circumstances and with due warning arrangements can be made to accommodate your pet though it must be kept under control at all times.
10. Safety. Whilst we have attempted to make Lavacchio as safe as possible, there are natural hazards associated with a hill farm in this part of Tuscany. Ultimately, responsibility for your well being (and that of any children with you) lies with you. The swimming pool is fenced off with access through a latched gate. As the pool is only 1.5m deep, jumping from surrounding rocks is extremely dangerous and could cause serious injury.